Friday, August 19, 2011

Good-bye


Riyah, my beautiful sweet girl, was quietly laid to rest yesterday evening out at Judy's ranch. I am still in shock. Still crying. It's midnight and I can't sleep. I keep seeing the last two months going round and round and round in my mind. It has been a long and painful ordeal, but she is in pain no longer.

I had bad news at her vet appointment. Deterioration of the bone. Another bone chip. Serious inflammation. The vet could offer me no hope. He recommended that Riyah be put down. I am devastated, but I am glad she isn't hurting anymore.

There are no words for what I feel. Those who have been through this know what I mean.

2 comments:

  1. I've been reading you post keeping my figures crossed for you and your lovely mare. I'm so sorry to hear of her passing. You did everything possible for her, and it was hard, but you were able to give her the greatest gift of all. You let her go with peace and dignity. I know the sadness your going through, because I lost my sweet mare this year to. Hold on the the good times. She's running free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Equestrian A horse documentary series that follows Mrs Mary Carson Breckinridge and her team of spirited women to Leslie County, Kentucky, bringing unprecedented healthcare to rural Appalachia. Traveling on their horsebacks, these women represented angels, providing medical services to those in need.

    ReplyDelete