Monday, March 28, 2011
























Well, as you can see the weather was still not great--cold again and quite windy. I decided to take Keno to the indoor arena and work a little fat off of him. (He has wintered quite well! ;)), We did lots of trot and canter work, transitions, stretching, etc. Riyah got the day off except for worming, some grooming, and hoof maintenance. Below are her two front feet. The left (top) is a slightly more upright hoof; I am working on lowering the heel. Both are very wide, round, and hard. She has very well developed heels and frogs. Her right hoof is not really put on straight and is a challenging hoof to trim. Improvement is noticeable, but I'm afraid only so much can be done on that one; she is what she is. The fact that she has gotten lots of movement by living in fields for six years, as well as never having been shod, has allowed her hooves to expand and grow nice and big.

Tomorrow is supposed to be nice weather; Riyah and I are going solo again. Sharon is planning to drop us off in Goshen Canyon and we will ride back to her place: approximately 10 miles. (I will have new batteries in the GPS!) I would be absolutely ecstatic if I got to ride those miles in the sunshine! T-shirts, sweat, the smell of sunscreen and fly spray! I need warmer weather!!

No comments:

Post a Comment