Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Since the weather was still rainy, I took both horses to the indoor arena. No one else was there--we had the whole place to ourselves. Yay! I let the horses run, and man, did they run! Riyah is grace and power and speed and float all at once. Keno is big and tough and thunderous and in charge. But he's not fast. I never tell him that, of course, because he thinks he is!

After letting them play and run for 15 minutes, I haltered Riyah again and played with her for the next 40 minutes, leaving Keno loose to roam. I did all of the ground games using the barrels, a railroad tie, gates, etc. We played the circling game over the railroad tie and even over two barrels laid end-to-end. Riyah can jump! And she looks good doing it, too. No wonder her sire's get are winning points in hunters! When I turned her loose to roam while I played with Keno, guess who wanted to stick with me? Yep, she was glued to my side. It was a little thing, but it was a big thing. I finally shooed her away so Keno could have a turn.

I would have ridden both horses, but the footing in the "new and improved" arena is not good. The sand is way too deep and it worries me. So for today, the games were enough. Tomorrow we will ride with four EasyBoot-ed feet. (Come on, Mother Nature, help us out!)

By the way, Riyah loaded into the trailer perfectly before I loaded Keno. I do think our trailer issues are behind us now! Amazing. Thanks for the help, Marlene!

No comments:

Post a Comment