Friday, May 27, 2011











Riyah and I headed up the canyon solo today. We are late getting up there this year due to the rough spring weather we have had. I decided to try out the Corral Road which I have been avoiding since last summer when the county road department hauled in tons of rock to "improve" the road. Actually it wasn't as rocky as I expected. It's a three mile hike up the mountainside, but so worth the climb. Terrific views, beautiful early wildflowers, a great workout, in addition to the snow covered mountain up ahead.


Riyah felt great; she powered up the road like she was on level ground. She was looking around at the new trail, thinking about spooking at something, but we just kept climbing. I was freezing, having decided I wouldn't need a jacket. Ha. Altitude lowers the temperature dramatically! We still had a blast. It was a stunning day, and I was on this lively enthusiastic mare that I adore.


1 comment: