Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Well, an entire week of rain is getting me down. The horses are tired of it, too, I'm sure. We got drenched again tonight. (I'm not seriously complaining---too many people have had much worse weather recently; I can put up with our rain.) Tomorrow is supposed to be better though, so if I can find a dry-ish place to park I will finally get Riyah out for a ride!

(Lest anyone think I have been moping around inside waiting for sunshine, I want you to know that besides planting a garden (soaked and hail-pocked now!) and working feverishly in my studio, I have been playing games with the horses. Riyah can load in the trailer with me standing way back! She still doesn't like the slant panel closed--she starts fretting and pawing, but she loads great! We have been doing the seven games regularly.

Keno has tender feet again, poor boy. This is his yearly "seasonal laminitis" I believe. The only fresh grass he gets is what tiny bit he nibbles through the fence line where he can squeeze his lips through--not much at all! He is eating the same hay I have fed him all winter. He is not terribly over weight. He does this every spring. Sigh. Double sigh. Wearing boots he is comfortable, but when I remove them, he is quite ouchy. I have been keeping him booted in his old Old Macs most of the time. I rode him booted in his Gloves for 30 minutes at a walk on Saturday. He puzzles me. I am going to call a couple of experts tomorrow. Before I ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment