Wednesday, May 25, 2011

See this picture? That is how I feel today:

School's out for the summer!

Hooray! I am done for the year. I closed the library down and took off. I may go back for a luncheon tomorrow afternoon if I am back from my ride. (That is a big if, too.)

I celebrated the end of school (and the sunshine!) by taking Riyah out for a solo ride in Dog Valley. A perfect ride. It was warm, sunny, the flowers were blooming, and I was on a lovely, sweet horse.

We rode about six miles at a relaxed pace. Lots of easy trot, walk aways, and trot some more. It really was just what the doctor ordered. Riyah enjoyed it, too. I love a horse who likes to take time to smell the roses. We were trotting along at a nice clip on level ground when Riyah suddenly slammed on the brakes, arched her neck, and leaned down to check out a big clump of blooming slippery elm! Beautiful flowers, but they sure as heck weren't there last time we came this way!

The visiting sheep herd scattered in the sagebrush watched us trot past. Riyah is very good with sheep, you know! A very long blow snake crossed the trail in front of us and we took time to watch him and admire his bright yellow patterns. I gave Riyah time to nibble the grass, and we took in the view. Like I said, it was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment