Saturday, July 16, 2011

Long Weekend

It's going to be a long weekend for me. Riyah is at the vet clinic in preparation for her surgery on Monday morning. They will start at 8am. I will be there, of course, and I may watch if I am able. If it was someone else's horse I would jump at the chance, but I don't know how I will feel about watching my own horse go through it. Anyway Riyah was very relaxed about settling in at their barn. Maybe she was bored stiff with the same view from our barn during the last three weeks of stall rest and was happy for a change! Or maybe she realizes that this is the place that can help her and she's just ready to get on with it!

I have sold the truck shell, Roger's saddle (he never used,) and my Freeform endurance saddle, so I can just about afford this procedure! Nothing like liquidating your assets! I still have my Aussie endurance saddle and my jumping saddle for Keno so they were extras, anyway.

I hope Riyah will be good and everything will go smoothly for her this week. I have talked to a couple of people who have been through this and I feel better about it than I did last week!

No comments:

Post a Comment