Monday, April 4, 2011


It was sunny but quite cold today, so we put off the group ride until tomorrow when it should get back to being spring. It was 19 degrees this morning! Why, oh why did I think I could disconnect all the de-icers? We definitely had plenty of ice!

I did a lot of ground work with both horses, groomed shedding hair until my arms ached, and did a touch up trim on Riyah's front hooves. I also spent time loading and unloading her in the trailer--leading her in, sending her in, and letting her eat grain from a bucket. I really want her to learn to like the trailer; I'm still having a few loading arguments on occasion.

Riyah is looking good. Both horses were quite full of themselves and feeling frisky this afternoon. Tomorrow's ride should be fun! I am going to set up a pseudo camp tomorrow after our ride at Sharon's place to test Riyah's respect of my electric fence corral. This will hopefully help me to see what kind of camper she might be. Color Country is coming up quickly! I have a lot to do to get ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment