Thursday, April 14, 2011

Riyah has decided this is her preferred method of trailer travel!

I know many horses prefer riding facing backwards in a trailer. I have a friend with a four-horse designed to lead a horse in, turn them around, and close the gate. My trailer is not designed that way, but Riyah really likes to go in, turn around, and wait for me to close the panel. She rides in a much more relaxed fashion this way. She can see a lot more and obviously feels less claustrophobic about the ride. Her head is not stuck behind the high end of the solid panel. Maybe this is what she has been telling me all along? I'll give her a couple of weeks to ride this way and see if the improvement sticks. (when I trailer her with Keno, he's always in the front (heaviest horse closest to the hitch) and she readily jumps in the second slot.) Anybody see any safety concerns with this method?

Keno saw the equine dentist today and both horses had tetanus and West Nile shots. Riyah had her teeth done two months ago. Hopefully I will get her out for a long ride tomorrow---the weather is looking good!

No comments:

Post a Comment