Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Well, Riyah took the day off and happily stayed home munching her way through a flake of hay while I took Keno out to Dog Valley with a couple of friends. We rode hard, trotting and galloping and trotting some more. It was my first time out there this spring and wow--it was like coming home. Keno loved it, too, and was feeling quite good!

The weather forecast for the weekend is not looking good. Central and southern Utah is going to be wet and very cold. Things are not looking good for this ride, unfortunately. I don't actually mind riding in a little rain, but the idea of driving four hours in rain/snow and 40 degrees with stock windows on my trailer doesn't sound great. Also, I think that Riyah will be experiencing lots of new things with the travel, ride camp, etc. and I'm not sure I really want to deal with the newbie in adverse conditions. Am I a wimp? I don't know, but I really want my girl to like the adventure, and not be cold or miserable her first time out.

I'm crossing my fingers that the weather forecast will make a dramatic change by the time I check it again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment