Friday, April 15, 2011

Wow-what a fabulous ride we had today! I took Riyah back out to Dog Valley along with my friend, Tammy, and her mustang JoJo. We rode about seven miles or so and Riyah was great; it was probably her best ride yet! It wasn't a fast ride, although we did trot quite a lot. We even cantered a few strides, too. She kept a forward, even, relaxed pace throughout, with NO spooks! I do believe my little girl might be growing up! (At least for today, that is.) Too bad I was so caught up in the fun that I forgot to take any pictures!

Dog Valley was spectacular--quite green, in fact. Sage green, cedar green, with just a little grass green thrown in. It won't last long, but we'll enjoy it as long as we can. By summer things will get pretty dry out there. But today--blue, sunny skies and warmish temperatures. Riyah was barely sweating, but I had on a jacket and got too hot! How cool is that? Spring might actually get here and stick around.

Poor Keno is not feeling so hot at the moment. He has had a bad reaction to the tetanus shot he received yesterday. His chest muscle is horribly swollen and tender at the injection site, and he is extremely sore and more than a little cross. I just gave him two grams of Bute and will hot-pack it, too. Tomorrow I will hand walk him to help work the soreness out.

No comments:

Post a Comment