Saturday, April 23, 2011


Riyah and Keno are tired of the rainy weather, too, but today they were in the snort-and-run mode! Fresh and full of it! (See video above!) We will be getting out to do some serious miles this week to make up for last week's rainy days.

We have the Hell's Kitchen Canyon ride coming up on May 14, and that means I have to get in some hiking practice myself. I plan to hike down the hold-your-breath steep Hell's Kitchen Canyon part of the trail. Riyah is surefooted but not experienced enough to give me the confidence to ride her down that part of the trail! So my neck will depend on me being able to maneuver on my own feet. Yikes....

I will be practicing for that, and most importantly to have Riyah stay back off my heels. Way back at the very end of the lead rope! We have already begun working on that, but only on the flat. I think I'll go hike the Roller Coaster Hills (gulp!) with her this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment