Friday, April 1, 2011

Riyah looks great today after yesterday's tough twenty. She ate four flakes of hay in in the night as well as her beet pulp/grain feed after the ride. She is sound and bright-eyed. Her left hind pastern is a little puffy (wind-puffs?) but nothing serious, and it certainly doesn't seem to bother her. She had today off of course, and will have the weekend to rest up as well. I am hoping to get her out in a group on Monday. Three or four of us are planning to do an easy ride---weather permitting.

Today was warm--actually warm! Like 70 degrees! I hosed the horses down. Riyah was afraid the water would eat her! I started slowly on her legs, gradually moving up and eventually she tolerated it fairly well; I was careful not to frighten her with it. HaHa! Come summer, when it gets really HOT, she will love it!

She got to stand quietly tied to the rail as she dried. Keno was beside her; they were sharing a hay net quite happily until Keno pinned his ears and told her to back off. She did and pulled back on the rope and broke the snap on the lead. Dang! Keno owes me a lead rope--the bossy old meany!

While they were drying, I did a partial spring cleaning on the horse trailer. Too scary to face that job all in one day, but I got a lot of stuff (you know you know the stuff I'm talking about!) cleaned out and hosed off and dejunked.

No comments:

Post a Comment